Saturday, June 23, 2007

What makes a new place home

A few more new Asian restaurants, a new nice block of restaurants with a fountain at the center (I am now in one of them, looking outside at the fountain after lunch), a study room in the library, a new refridgerator in my apartment (the management office replaced the old, non-working one with a new one), a free Ethernet (somehow I'm using it for free)...all these things that surprised, satisfied or amused me, however, don't make this town home to me. This place was a place of darkness, depression, hopelessness, and despair to me before. I left because there was no hope. As days go by after I came back, however, I'm finding this place full of surprises, good surprises: my old prejudicial ideas shattered by "new life" given by God.

Finally confronting the pieces of reality I left behind, I was a bit down. It seemed that everyone else had been making strides while I was dawdling at the same place...by worldy standards. And God is gracious. Every day I am realizing how God provides everything according to His plan in perfect timing. As I fill every day with my prayers, as I seek God in every place I go and everyone I meet here, I start to like this town. It is not the same place, becoming more and more like home. Surprised and amazed by how God has changed everything through new life in me, I now see I am continuing my journey with, in and toward God here where the flat land makes the sky a huge canvas for God. Yes, our God is faithful. I'm hoping to record my walk with Jesus in this place, His faithful guidance, how His promises are fulfilled.

With Paul, I'll say with joy, "I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord."

2 comments:

Ryan & Melanie said...

wow sister, this is truly wisdom! You have found the greatest treasure on earth--Jesus Christ:)

May the Lord continue to provide for all of your needs.

love, Mel

Bobak and Mingulu said...

Seenhwa, I'm safely back in Bloomington, will be flying to Madrid this weekend. Miss you very very much! Keep me updated!

Many many hugs, =)

Minjung