Monday, April 9, 2007

A Bud of Hope

The hope of a new life not visible yet but ripening to break through the hard shell stirs my heart. I wonder how long God has been watching over my life and guiding me even when I did not know Him. If I chose to go to Maryland, not to Bloomington, could I have become a Christian? Lost without a ray of hope, I was seeking. Maybe, my soul was calling out for help, and our compassionate God heard my cry and found me.

I am sometimes surprised to find out how God has prepared and provided. I came across a Korean translation agency's ad for translators when I visited the IU KSA website before moving to Bloomington. It has worked out well as my main source of income. God has never left me in want since. I wished I could live as part of a community. I had my wish fulfilled here.

Now, thinking about moving back to Texas seriously, I am excited at the thought of a different life I will lead there with God's guidance; my heart is buoyed up by joyful expectations of what God will have prepared. It was God that made my life in Bloomington rich and beautiful through fellowship with God's people.

Where you are is not really important. Being with God, that is all that matters.

1 comment:

Ryan & Melanie said...

Seenhwa,

You write beautifully. I am certain that the Lord who has brought you here, will guide you as you take the next step.