Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Right to Be Angry

For the past two weeks, I have been in a despairing mode...because I thought I deserved better.

Today, on Lord's day, God answered my prayer that He gives me guidance.
After lunch, my wonderful friends Saeid and Minjung gave me a ride home. I asked whether they ever had a fight. Describing Saeid as a calm and peaceful person, Minjung told me that he can be so peaceful because he thinks he does not have the right to be upset or angry. He basically thinks he has no such right to anything.

And...it opened my eyes to see my shameful thoghts and acts for the past few days. I was thinking I had the right to be upset!!! God wants me to see that I have put myself in the position of a righteous person who suffered, endured and so deserved better.

When a certain act of following Jesus becomes a "sacrifice," you do it not for God, but for yourself. On the road to the cross, Jesus did not say, "I sacrifice myself to save men," but followed God's will humbly and willingly with love. When God came to us, he came as a servant, not as a righteous warrior. Our hope was born in a barn!

An insight to the issue of making decisions according to God's will:
The question may be not what to choose, but HOW to choose.

No comments: